Tuesday 17 November 2009

because giant pigeons are fun...

Panasonic are promoting the new Lumix ZX-1 digital camera, which has an 8x optical zoom lens amongst other lovely camera type features. They are doing this through the '8x life' campaign which utilises online and outdoor media. The main thing which attracted me to this was the use of a giant pigeon in London Bridge. I have no shame in saying this is my reason for writing about it. Had it been a chicken on the other hand, I wouldn't be writing this, I would be in London Bridge laughing hysterically and probably tring to sail the bird down the Thames.

Anyway, Panasonic have placed various giant everyday objects around 6 cities in the UK which is fun. The fun continues online where they are running a facebook competition where the entrants have to 'upload a photo which uses perspective to make something look bigger or smaller than it really is' to win a trip to the 2010 Winter Games in Vancouver. I would have preferred to win a free camera to watching some guy ski down a hill, but there you go.

Here is their facebook page

woo!

No comments: